Our snack stick kit is the perfect blend of salts, sugars, and garlic. Use it with beef, venison, elk or any other wild game. Each kit will season up to 25 pounds of meat. Whether you are out hunting or just need a little something to chew on, these protein packed sticks taste great and will give you the energy you need to get done what you need to get done.
Kit includes 18.5 oz Seasoning, 1 oz. of 6.25% Cure, 3.5 oz Casings, and Instructions. Kit yields 25 lbs. Net Wt. 23 oz (652.04 g)
Seasoning: Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Mustard (1.35%), Garlic Powder, and Sodium Erythorbate (7.32 oz), and less than 2% Tricalcium Phsophage added to prevent caking.
Cure: Salt, Sodium Nitrite (6.25%), Propylene Glycol, <0.001% FD&C Red #40.
- Always use standard measuring cups or spoons and level them off with a knife to ensure proper amounts of seasoning and cure.
- Always use a meat mixture with at least 20% pork to avoid dry snack sticks.
- Run meat through grinder with a fine or coarse blade.
- Mix seasoning and cure with water according to the mix chart (see mix chart) in a separate bowl for the size of batch that you would like to make.
- Add mixture to ground meat and mix thoroughly until tacky. Add additional water if necessary.
- Fill casings by using a sausage stuffer or grinder using the proper size stuffing tube.
- Put as much casing on the tube as will fit and tie the end. During stuffing, poke any air bubbles with a needle to get a consistent snack stick.
- Place in bags and refrigerate overnight, but less that 24 hours, to cure.
Process in one of the following ways:
- Oven: Preheat to 200 degrees and place on cookie sheet. Cook sticks 1 1/2 hours on each side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
Dehydrator: Place on dehydrator racks and cook per dehydrator directions until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Smoker: Heat smoker to 200 degrees. Place on racks and smoke until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
When finished cut into sticks and refrigerate or freeze.
Download PDF >>