There is only one thing better than firing up the grill and feeding your friends with perfectly seasoned brats and that is being able to tell them that you didn’t just cook them, you made them. Our bratwurst kit comes with that perfect blend of spices that is sure to please.
Kit includes 16.4 oz. Seasoning and Instructions. Kit yields 25 lbs. Net Wt. 16.4 oz. (464.93 g)
Seasoning: Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Sugar.
- Always use standard measuring cups or spoons and level them off with a knife to ensure proper amounts of seasoning.
- Always use a meat mixture with at least 20% pork to avoid dry bratwurst.
- Run meat through grinder with a fine or coarse blade.
- Mix seasoning with water according to the mix chart (opposite side) in a separate bowl for the size of batch that you would like to make.
- Add mixture to ground meat and mix thoroughly until tacky. Add additional water if necessary.
- Fill casings by using a sausage stuffer or grinder using the proper size stuffing tube.
- Put as much casing on the tube as will fit and tie the end. During stuffing poke any air bubbles with a needle to get a consistent bratwurst.
- Stuff into links by twisting or tying between sausages.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
These fresh sausages may be fried, broiled or grilled to an internal temp of 160 degrees.
Download PDF >>